- Is your web site being found by your potential customers?
- Does your web site rank well in the free, organic search engine listings?
- You may have the best website in the world but if no one can find it in a search engine
it may as well be invisible.
- 80% to 90% of all website traffic comes from search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN
Search Engine Optimisation can greatly improves a website’s search engine ranking on the three most popular search engines; Google, Yahoo and MSN as well as the other search engines and directories such as Alexa, Altavista and AllTheWeb.
Around 85 percent of all search engine traffic come from Google, Yahoo!, MSN or other sites that use their information such as AOL, Netscape and many other portals that use Google’s results.
What does Google look for?
While exactly how Google ranks websites is unknown, it is generally accepted that the following are major factors:
- The number and popularity of websites linking to your website
- Quality of a page build
- Relevancy to the user
- Page title
- The amount of content available to the search engines
- The information architecture of your website
- Body content
- Meta tags
- Link naming and destination
- Domain name age
Some unethical companies will promise to rank you number one on Google but use methods that can end in your site being banned altogether. It’s not too hard to get your website ranked number one on Google for some obscure term but it’s much harder to rank well for popular key words and search terms. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Google guidlines for good practices here.
If your site isn’t producing as many leads as you would like, give New Web Design a call.
We will work with you to produce good, search engine friendly copy, targeted keywords and meta tags.At New Web Design we have years of experience in designing and optimizing web sites.
How does it work?
We will determine the number of pages on your website found within the major search engines ; Google, Yahoo, and MSN. We will then examination the internal linking structure including the link names and titles in your site. We improve your site navigation with linking strategies such as link text and destination file naming. We also look the addition or modification of a site map. We will work with you to develop the best set of keyword phrases for promoting your website by looking at the content of your website and research the most relevant search terms.
Use the links below to submit your site to any of the major search engines
Search Engine Links
- Google Submit – http://www.google.com/addurl.html
- Yahoo Submit – http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request
- MSN Submit – http://search.msn.co.in/docs/submit.aspx
- Google Webmaster Tools – http://www.google.com.au/webmasters/tour/tour1.html
- Google Analytics – https://www.google.com/analytics
new, google rankings, search engine optimisation, google, yahoo, msn, keywords,